Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What I like about DBS!

Being a new school counselor at DBS, I thought it would be a great idea to invite every second and fourth grader to a lunch group. This was a great way for me to learn names and connect with students on a more indvidual level. I asked each student what they like most about DBS. I loved hearing what they had to say!

Here are some of their responses:

I like gym, art, and library.

I like P.E (many students said this :-))
.
I like this school because it is really safe and someone's watching you all the time.

I like all the specials
(many students said this as well).
I get to play with m
y friends.
I like the dome and I have been playing on it since I was one.

I like to learn new things.

I like the food at school.

I like the teachers.

The teachers are nice.

It's fun and a lot of my friends are here.

Playing with meal worms.
I like this school because I get to meet new friends.

I like to work.

I really like the teachers in this school.

I really like learning.

I like reading.


I also asked the students "why I should be excited to be at DBS?" Here is what they had to say:

Because you get to see the kids be happy, and learn what we do.

Because you can make new friends.

To spend time with us!

I get to see all the kids.

Because you get to talk with us at lunch time.

Because there are lots of fun things to do!

Because you get to meet lots of teachers.

There are a lot of cool kids.

Because you get to know how the school works and get to know the principal.

Because you get to meet everyone and they get to tell you what they like to do.

Because you get to hang out with us and we all can be friendly.

Because you get to teach lessons.
Because you get to share new ideas with kids.


0 comments:

Post a Comment